I recently gave a presentation on how I use Google Docs in my high school English and college composition classroom. The main way I use it is to grade essays, and this presentation goes through some of the techniques I have developed/discovered/stolen, including the following:
- using it in a non-Google school
- using it in a BYOD school
- using live "look-ins" to monitor student writing
- using it to foster true peer review/revision
- using a comment bank to provide enriched feedback
Here is a link to my comment bank. I am working on fine-tuning it with codes so students can keep track of their mistakes.